While stopped at a red light this morning, the bumper stickers plastered onto the rear of the car in front of me caught my eye. One read, "PEACE, LOVE, AND HARMONY." That was nice and soothing. It helped to calm my nerves, since I was on my way to see if my hard drive could be recovered before sending my computer back to the manufacturer. (I'm writing this on a borrowed laptop).
A second one read something like, "VIRGINIA IS BEAUTIFUL. STOP LITTERING." I smiled and thought, Aha! an environmentalist. Just then the light turned green. As the car with the "stop littering" bumper sticker pulled away, the driver turned down the window and flicked her cigarette butt into the street! Perhaps she borrowed the car from a friend? It's the only way I can explain the contradiction.
I can't take credit for finding this next one. One of my friends called me on the telephone from the road to share it with me. The car had two bumper stickers. The first read, "We're in America. Speak English." The second one ON THE SAME CAR, MIND YOU, read, "Viva Bush!" I think that says it all about the mentality of that driver!
If you have any weird signs or bumper stickers that you want to share with me, post here!
Novel Xuanba Jiutian Bahasa Indonesia
5 months ago

My favorite is always hard to read as it is littered with the symbols of all the religions out there that are currently trying to shoot each others head off.
ReplyDeleteGuess that's what the tower of Bable may have been trying to tell us, hunh?